Day 4: In Katra - Maa Vaishno Devi Bhawan - Katra
Today early morning, proceed for Mata Vaishno Devi Bhawan. The temple is situated on the top of the hill, situated in the lap of Trikuta Mountains across Katra town at an altitude of around 5200 feet. Yatra upto Bhawan involves a trek of approximately 12-13 Kms (one way) from Katra base camp known as Ban Ganga, and usually takes around 5-6 hours to reach the shrine. Ponies, Palkis, Pithoos, Porters, Battery car, etc. are other means of transport available during yatra for assisting devotees/ yatris, senior citizens and children. (You can trek to Bhawan or can hire ponies, palki, and battery rickshaws from the shrine board ON DIRECT PAYMENT basis.
After performing Mata Vaishno Devi darshans, seek blessings at the holy cave and explore the shrine complex. If time permits, visit Bhairo Temple & return to Katra in the evening and relax at your hotel.
1) All passengers are requested to register online for Yatra Registration Slip (Yatra Parchi) on Shrine Board official website www.maavaishnodevi.org
2) Passengers/ Yatris registered through Online mode are requested to collect RFID yatra access card before commencement of yatra from Yatra Registration Counter (YRC) established at Katra (Bus Stand, Railway Station, Niharika Complex, Counter No.02, Serli Helipad) and Vaishnavi Dham Jammu & Jammu Airport.
3) Yatra Registration is Mandatory and must be carry all time during the yatra.
4) Only postpaid mobile numbers work in Jammu & Kashmir.
5) DPauls does not provide any facility of VIP/Priority Entry/Darshan at any Monuments/shrines/places of interest mentioned in the itinerary. DPauls shall not be responsible for any loss of sight-seeing/Darshan, nor shall be liable for any refunds in case the Darshan cannot be completed owing to reasons such as delay in Darshan due to heavy rush, VIP Govt. Official Movements and closure by govt. agencies etc.
Overnight stay in Katra.
Meals – Breakfast